The apprentice project is based around an on the job training concept, which enables us to ensure that the apprentices show interest in what they are learning and that the right work ethic and attitude is adopted from the very start.
All of our trainees will go through a formal four year apprentice training programme including off the job tuition in our bespoke training centre.
A percentage of the training within the apprentice scheme may be based at any of the seven Goodwin UK company sites in and around Staffordshire.
The placements are interspersed with weekly high level skills input from specialists within the Group.
Apprentice Training Units
- Properties & Applications of Engineering Materials
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Manual Handling Course
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Air Tools Training
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles & Applications
- Welding Principles
- Metallurgical Techniques
- Liquid Metal Casting Processes
- Mechanical Measurement & Inspection Techniques
- Site Awareness Course
- Application of Computer Numerical Control
- Defibrillator Course
- Ladder Training